Star Family Health Optima, a health insurance plan which provides health coverage for your entire family at a fair and affordable rate. You can cover your spouse, and kids aged from 16th days to 25 years. All Indian residents aged between 18 years to 65 years can buy Star Family Health Optima.
This policy provides you wide coverage benefits including 405 Day Care procedures, domiciliary hospitalization, organ donor expenses for transplantation, new-born baby and so on.
One of the best parts of the Star Family Health Optima is that the policy has a feature of automatic restoration. It means when the sum insured amount exhaust completely, the sum insured will automatically get restored.
- 8800+ Network hospitals across India for cashless treatment.
- No involvement of any third-party administrator in claim settlement.
- Fast and hassle-free claim settlement process.
Star Family Health Optima Plan Details
|Particulars/Features||Family Health Optima (3 – 4 Lakh)||Family Health Optima (5, 10, 15, 20 Lakh)|
|Restoration||Up to 300% of the Sum Insured||Up to 300% of the Sum Insured|
|Room Rent||Up to Rs. 5,000||Single standard A/C room|
|No Claim Bonus||Up to 100% of the Sum Insured||Up to 100% of the Sum Insured|
|Pre & Post Hospitalization||60 & 90 Days||60 & 90 Days|
|Free Health Check-Up||After Every Renewal||After Every Renewal|
|Organ Donor||Up to 10% of SI, a Maximum of Rs. 100000||Up to 10% of SI, Maximum of Rs. 100000|
|Day Care Procedure||All||All|
|Ayush||Up to Rs. 10,000||Up to Rs. 20,000|
|Ambulance Cover||Up to Rs. 750||Up to Rs. 750|
|Co-Pay||20% co-pay at age 60 & above||20% co-pay at age 60 & above|
|Pre-Existing Disease Waiting Period||48 Months, 36 Months for Assisted Reproductive Treatment||48 Months, 36 Months for Assisted Reproductive Treatment|
7 key Features of Star Family Health Optima
The plan has great features, some of them are listed below:
- Lifetime Renewal: The policy offers an option of life-long renewal for the people aged above 65 years.
- Automatic Restoration: The policy has a good feature of the automatic restoration of the sum insured. It means the amount will get restored whenever the full available amount gets exhausted during the policy period. This will be applicable 3 times during the policy period.
- Pre-Medical Screening: Applicants aged above 50 years will need to undergo pre-medical check-ups at the registered diagnostic centers and the cost of medical check-ups will be borne by the star health.
- Pre-Existing Illness: 48 months is the waiting period for pre-existing diseases. You can file a claim for any pre-existing illness after 48 months of the policy commencement date.
- Recharge Benefit: Star family optima health plan gives you recharge benefits. This feature gets activated even before the sum insured is not exhausted. Sum insured that ranges between Rs.3 lakh to Rs.5 lakh can avail this benefit.
- No-Claim Bonus: It’s totally depended on your sum insured. For every claim-free year, you will be entitled to a bonus that can be up to 35% of your sum insured.
- Co-Payment: 20% of co-pay is applicable to each and every claim and their subsequent renewals if the age of the applicants is above 60 years.
What is covered and not covered under the Star Family Health Optima plan?
There are several inclusions and exclusions under the plan which are listed below:
Inclusions (Covered under the Plan)
- All the in-patient hospitalization charges including room rent charge, nursing expenses, doctor’s fee, etc. are covered under the plan. It means the insures needs to be hospitalized for a minimum of 24 hours.
- You can avail of Domiciliary hospitalization for a period exceeding 3 days.
- All the medicines and drug expenses covered under this plan.
- 60 Days pre-hospitalization expenses and 90 days post hospitalization expenses are covered.
- Daycare procedures that take less than 24 hours, means no need to be hospitalized.
- Ambulance expenses to transport the patient.
Exclusions (Not covered under the plan)
- If you get injured due to any war, strike and nuclear weapons, will not be covered.
- Self-inflicted injuries or if you get injured in attempting suicide.
- All the dental treatments.
- AIDS and sexually transmitted diseases.
- Cosmetic surgery and aesthetic treatment.
- Non-allopathic treatment and naturopathy treatment.
- Congenital disease treatments.
- All the expenses which you incurred within the first 30 days from the policy commencement date.
Other Valuable Benefits
New-Born Baby Cover: The Star family health optima plan provides you the coverage for new-born up to 10% of sum insured and a maximum of INR 50,000. You need to pay an additional premium to cover a new-born age above 16 days.
Free Look Period: If you don’t want to proceed with the policy and want to return. No matter what’s the reason behind it, you can return the policy and request a refund within 15 days of the date you receive the policy document.
Tax Benefit: You will get tax benefit under section 80D of the income tax act.
Cashless Hospitalization: You will get cashless hospitalization at all the star health insurance network hospitals.
Star family health optima provide coverage to you and your family with great benefits and features that attached to this plan. So, if you want to cover your entire family with an affordable best health insurance plan, you can go with it.
To buy or compare online the star family health optima plan, just calculate health insurance premium and our customer care executive will help you to opt for this plan.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
How long I have to wait to cover pre-existing disease under star family health optima?
If you want to cover any pre-existing disease, then you must wait 48 months for this.
Does everyone need to go through pre-medical screening?
No, only individuals who are above 50 years or people who have a medical history will have to undergo pre-medical check-ups. All the expenses of the pre-medical screening borne by the insurance company.
What are the conditions of new-born baby coverage under the star family health optima?
Health insurance coverage for the new-born baby starts from the 16th day of the birth of the child. The coverage is capped to 10% of the sum insured or Rs. 50,000, whichever is less will be covered on the basis of the sum insured. But to opt for this benefit, the mother of the baby should be covered under the policy for a period of 1 year without any break.
Does the plan give us any Tax benefit?
Yes, the Star family health optima plan provides you Tax benefit under section 80D of the Income-tax act 1961. But if you are paying a premium amount in cash then you are not eligible to get the Tax benefit.
Does the Star health family optima plan cover organ donor expenses, if yes then how much?
Yes, 10% of the sum insured or Rs. 1 lakh, whichever is less, will be covered for organ donor expenses.
Does the policy cover domiciliary hospitalization?
Yes, the star family health optima cover domiciliary hospitalization. But the coverage can be made for only medical treatments that exceed for more than 3 days.
How can I buy Star family health optima?
We are here to help you to buy the policy online as well as in claim support. So, you need not worry about it, just compare and buy health insurance with Easypolicy.com
This is Tejas and I’m a web designer cum insurance professional writer. I love to write about insurance products available in India. I write to help and educate people that how insurance can help them to secure their future.