Royal Sundaram Health Insurance
Royal Sundaram has been known to be one of the most trusted insurance companies in India. It provides a wide array of insurance policies in multiple sectors such as home, business, auto, travel etc. Among many of its sectors, health plans are the most beneficial and robust, as it provides a broad range of plans with a very cost effective way. Probably, Royal Sundaram turned out to be the very first to introduce cashless allowances and cashless claim processes for value-added cooperative ventures and hospitalization with a number of leading institutions.
Coverage and benefits
- Cashless hospitalization processes including privileges for expenses incurred before and after.
- Lifetime renewal plans
- Covers about 147 Day care expenses
- Claim processes certified with ISO
- Coverage of maternity plans
- Coverage of pre-existing plans after waiting for 3 years
- Benefit of cumulative bonus of every non-claimed year
- Tax benefit for every health insurance scheme
- Extension benefits if there are accidents.
Various insurance policies under Royal Sundaram:
- Plans under Lifeline Health Insurance
- Plans under Good Health Insurance
- Plans under Cash Health Insurance
Lifeline Health Insurance Policy:
This plan can be taken for an individual or for a family. Lifeline Health plan offers three variants;
1. Lifeline classic health insurance plan
- An amount of 2 to 4 lakhs can be insured under this plan.
- Some of the basic coverage areas include impatient care, all day care expenses, pre-hospitalization and post-hospitalization expenses, organ donor expenses and ambulance coverage.
- Among these, impatient care, all day care expenses and organ donor expenses are covered up to the sum insured.
- 30 to 60 days of pre- and post-hospitalization costs can be included in the insured sum.
- Up to an amount of 3000 comes under ambulance coverage.
- Apart from the basic coverage, many other benefits include no claim bonus, domiciliary hospitalization, and reload of sum insured, Ayush treatment and vaccination for animal bite.
- Among these, no claim bonus covers 10% of base sum insured up to a maximum of 50% of it. Domiciliary hospitalization covers up to the sum insured. Reload of sum insured covers up to base sum insured. Government hospitals cover up to the insured sum and other hospitals cover up to Rs. 20,000. Animal bite vaccination cover up to Rs2500.
- Health and benefits include health check-up once in 2 years with an availability of preventive health care and wellness benefits.
- There are even optional benefits such as hospital cash of Rs 1000 per day, top up plan on annual aggregate basis that is deductible up to Rs. 10 lakhs.
2. Lifeline supreme Health Plan:
- Insured sum can be starting from 5, 10, 15, 20, 50 lakhs.
- Fundamental benefits include impatient care, all-day care costs and organ donor expenses that are covered up to sum insured. Post-and pre-hospitalization charges of about 60 to 90 days covered up to sum insured and an ambulance coverage of up to Rs 5000.
- There are other benefits including no claim bonus starting from 20% of initially insured sum up to a maximum 100% of sum insured. Domiciliary hospitalization covers up to the insured sum. Reload of sum-insured covers up to base sum insured. Ayush treatment includes government hospital coverage of up to sum insured and other hospitals covering up to Rs 30000. Coverage for domestic evacuation in emergencies is up to Rs. 1 lakh. In addition, vaccination for animal bite including coverage of up to Rs 5000.
- Health and wellness benefit includes annual health check-up. Second opinion for 11 critical illnesses includes once during policy year. In addition, there is even availability of preventive health care and wellness.
- There are even optional benefits that include hospital cash of Rs 2000 per day. Moreover, top up plan on annual aggregate basis that is deductible up to Rs. 10 lakhs.
3. Lifeline Elite Health Plan:
- The sum insured in Elite health plan includes starting from 25, 30, 50, 100, 150 lakhs.
- Base cover benefits include impatient care, all day care expenses and organ donor expenses covering up to the sum insured. Pre-hospitalization and post-hospitalization capital in this plan covers 60 to 180 days up to the sum insured. Ambulance coverage includes up to Rs 10000.
- Other benefits include no claim bonus of about 20% of base sum insured up to a maximum of 100% of sum insured. Domiciliary hospitalization covers up to sum insured. Reload od Sum insured covers up to base sum insured. Ayush treatment includes government hospital coverage of up to sum insured and other hospitals of up to Rs 50000.
- Emergency domestic evacuation covers up to Rs. 3 lakhs. Vaccination for animal bite coverage of up to Rs 7500. Worldwide emergency hospitalization covers 50% of base sum insured up to maximum of Rs. 20 lakhs. Coverage for treatment abroad covers the sum insured and return airfare coverage of Rs. 3 lakhs.
- Health and wellness benefits include annual health check-up, once during policy year for second opinion for critical illness, availability of preventive wellness and healthcare and up to Rs 10,000 for OPD treatment.
- Maternity benefits coverage up to two deliveries until 2.5 lakhs. Twenty five percent of sum insured for new-born baby. Vaccination for new-borns includes up to Rs 10000.
- Optional benefits include hospital cash of Rs 5000 per day and availability of including American and Canadian hospitalization.
Any one between 18 years can apply for this. Plus, children that are dependent and are above 91 days and less than 25 years can apply. Maximum of six members can be covered in a single insurance plan.
This insurance policy offers duration of one, two, and three years respectively. The premium amount for this insurance policy is formulated according to the applicant’s sum insured and his zone. In case of planned hospitalization, claim for the policy should be intimated within 48 hours and 24 hours in case of emergency.
Claim reimbursement procedure:
- Inform helpline number
- Email customer service
- Online notification
How to apply online:
- Go to “Buy now” option in the website.
- Fill up the required information.
- Choose for the policy of one or two years.
- Note the “Quote Id”.
- Payment progress.