Guiding principles of effective complaints handling
Visibility The Complaints Handling Policy is available on the Easypolicy Website and also internally. Accessibility Easypolicy’s Complaints Handling Policy is easily accessible and available to all customers, employees and partners. The policy is easy to understand and the customers get to know on how to make complaints and get them resolved. Responsiveness Each complaint’s receipt is acknowledged to the complainant immediately. We strive to ensure that the complaints are handled in an efficient and effective manner. We would treat all complaints courteously and keep complainants informed of the progress of their complaint throughout the complaint-handling process. Objectivity Each complaint is addressed in an objective and unbiased manner . Confidentiality We maintain complete confidentiality of the client unless expressly permitted by him or her. Customer focused approach All of us at Easypolicy, including the key management personnel, remain committed to efficient and fair resolution of complaints. We actively solicit feedback on a regular basis to keep improving our complaint handling policy.
How a complaint may be made
Where a complaint is about a particular engagement or an employee with whom you are familiar, you may wish to address your complaint directly through electronic or otherwise communication with a copy to [email protected]
We prefer that the complaints are made in writing so that the details of the complaint are clear and complete.
If you are not sure to whom to refer your complaint, or feel it is inappropriate to address your complaint to a member of the engagement team, please write directly to: [email protected] .
What information is required when making a complaint?
Please provide the following information when you are making a complaint,
- Your name and contact details
- Your relationship with Easypolicy (i.e. the nature of your engagement with Easypolicy, if you are a prospective or existing customer)
- Your contact person within Easypolicy during your last engagement
- The nature of the complaint (including when the conduct giving rise to the complaint occurred)
- Details of the Easypolicy employee involved (if applicable)
- Copies of any documentation supporting the complaint.
Assistance with making a complaint If you need assistance in formulating or lodging a complaint, please contact customer care at [email protected] with a copy to [email protected] Acknowledgement of complaints We are committed to acknowledging all complaints immediately upon receipt. Once a complaint has been received, we will undertake an initial review of the complaint. We will endeavour to resolve complaints within four weeks of receiving the complaint, but this will not be possible on all occasions. Where our review exceeds four weeks, we will contact you to inform you of the reasons for the delay, and indicate to you when we expect to be in a position to complete our review of the complaint. Your rights during the complaint process You have the right to enquire as to the status of your complaint by contacting person who has been identified to you as handling your complaint. Response to a complaint - Once we have reviewed your complaint, we will provide you with a written response.
Closure of Complaint
A complaint shall be considered as disposed of and closed when
- The insurer has acceded to the request of the complainant fully (or)
- Where the complainant has indicated in writing, acceptance of the response of the insurer. (or)
- Where the complainant has not responded to the insurer within 8 weeks of the insurer’s written response.
If you are dissatisfied with the manner in which your complaint has been handled, you have the right to ask Easypolicy to let you know the details of the name and address of the Ombudsman of competent jurisdiction.
Making Complaint with IRDAI
If you are unhappy with your insurance company in particular:
- Approach the Grievance Redressal Officer of its branch or any other office that you deal with. Click here for mail ids of Grievance Redressal Officers, GRO, of all insurance companies
- Give your complaint in writing along with the necessary support documents
- Take a written acknowledgement of your complaint with the date.
- Call Toll Free Number 1800 4254 732 or (or)
- Send an e-mail to [email protected]
- Register and monitor your complaint at igms.irda.gov.in
- Click here to download Complaint Registration Form
Fill and send the Complaint Registration Form along with any letter or enclosures, if felt necessary, by post or courier to:
The General Manager,
Consumer Affairs Department - Grievance Redressal Cell, Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) 3-5-817/818, United India Towers, 9th Floor, Hyderguda, Basheerbagh, Hyderabad – 500 029