Buying life insurance is an important decision and you need to be sure that you take this decision prudently. If you are planning to buy life insurance
here are some do’s and don’ts that you should be mindful of.
1) The first thing you need to do is to understand your insurance requirement. Try to assess the sum Assured you need, the tenure of the cover and the various Riders that you would like to include in your policy.
2) Know the various options you have in terms of the types of insurance policies to cover your insurance objectives. You can seek advice from various insurance advisors. Be open in your thought process as this will help you take a better decision.
3) Understand the costs involved in a life cover. Especially, if you are looking to buy a ULIP know the various charges that would be levied on the Policy such as policy administration and Premium allocation charge. Also, try and understand the various fund options available and whether the switching benefits are allowed.
4) Make sure you fill the Proposal form of the policy on your own.
1) Do not hide any facts while filling up the proposal form. If you are found guilty of hiding information, this could have a bearing on your claims.
2) While seeking advice from insurance advisors do not be carried away with their promises, unless it is offered in written as part of the policy brochure.
3) Do not miss or delay the premium payment.