Bharti Enterprises is a renowned pioneer in the Indian telecom industry. Headquartered in New Delhi, it is an entrenched name among the prominent conglomerates of the country today. Bharti AXA General Insurance is the insurance arm of the group. It is a joint venture between the Bharti Group and AXA which is a French insurance giant headquartered in Paris.
Bharti Group has a stake of 51% in this joint venture, and the remaining 49% is under the umbrella of AXA.
Apart from life insurance, the company also provides insurance covers for vehicles like car insurance, two-wheeler insurance, critical illness insurance, health insurance, personal accident insurance, corporate solutions, home insurance and travel insurance.
Travel insurance is highly disregarded in India. Globally, it is only mandatory in few European nations. It is necessary to permeate the essentiality of travel insurance in our routine for traveling domestically and internationally might be a leisure activity for some, but for a few in the lot, it is a necessity.
Bharti AXA General Insurance provides the coverage for travel insurance for traveling in more than 130 countries, The coverage under Bharti AXA’s travel is provided for minimum two days and can be extended to 365 days. Thus, the scope and benefits of Bharti AXA’s travel insurance plan are feasible comparatively.
The products under the travel insurance policies of Bharti AXA are categorized under two heads. They are namely,
Student Travel Insurance Plan
This plan is solely for the safeguard of students traveling overseas for academic purposes. Youngsters opting to leave the country to pursue higher studies are more susceptible to travel adversities like luggage loss, theft, accidents, etc. To protect them from these overwhelming complexities, this plan is designed exclusively for them.
Travel Insurance – Individuals and Family
This plan has a wider aspect in terms of coverage. International trips for vacations with families or international business trips etc., everything will be covered under this.
Cases of exclusions under student travel insurance are –
Other benefits under SmartTraveller Plan are expenses for daily hospital charges, hijack distress for a specific number of days, advance payments made to airlines or hotels cancelled, bail amount covered in case the insured gets arrested for any bailable offence, emergency accommodation expenditure, etc.
For individuals and families the amount of sum assured is $50000-100000, and for students traveling overseas, it is $100000-500000.
Minimum 2 days and maximum 30, 45 or 60 days varying according to the plans subscribed. This plan is feasible for those who travel overseas frequently.
Minimum age is same for all the plans i.e. three months, and the maximum age limit is 85, 60, and 70 years respectively.