Royal Sundaram General Insurance Co. Limited is one of the 1st private sector general insurance company that was licensed in India in the year 2000. The company was initially a joint venture between three reputed companies. As of now, about 75.90% shares belong to Sundaram Finance while the remaining 24.10% belong to other Indian shareholders.
Royal Sundaram General Insurance Co. Limited offers an all-inclusive type of travel insurance that helps the insurance holder to cope up with all types of emergencies that may arise during one’s travel. Some of the emergencies that are covered under this insurance include the loss of luggage, medical emergencies and also includes the expenses for delay/cancellation of any flight.
The key benefits of travel insurance from Royal Sundaram General Insurance include
There are two types of travel insurance plans that are offered by Royal Sundaram. These two travel insurances are
This plan starts as soon as the insurance holder boards a flight in order to travel to a destined place. The plan ends when the he/she comes back to the home country i.e. India. This plan is for single-time use only and covering a period of 180 days.
This plans multiple trips by the policy holder which lasts for 365 days only. There are certain conditions, the first condition being that each trip by the insurance holder cannot be for more than 45 days. The second being that the total number of days an insurance holder stays out of the country should not exceed 180 days.
There are three basic classifications of the Royal Sundaram Travel Insurance plan
Infants from the age of 3 months all the way to adults of the age 70 years are covered under the travel insurance policy. This plan covers those trips that are outside of India. The purpose of travel of any individual needs to be stated while taking the policy as this plan does not cover immigration or students traveling for education.
Royal Sundaram Travel Insurance plan does not cover an individual under these following headings -
Treatments related to pregnancy.
Mental disorder treatments.
If the purpose for traveling is for treatment.
Any travel that is undertaken against doctor’s advice.
Any treatment that could have been postponed till the policyholder returns to India.
The coverage of the plan will not be provided to the policyholder if his/her home in India is unoccupied for more than 90 days.
If the home is a building of Kutcha construction
The plan does not cover for the consumption of alcohol or drugs.
Any unlawful act.
For any disputes between family members, friends or traveling companions.
Disabilities that are caused due to contamination of radiation are not covered under this plan.
Any disability because of strokes, fits or convulsions.
Self injury or self harm is not covered under this plan.
Accidents that are caused through dangerous activities like rafting, gliding etc.
Any baggage that contains perishable goods are not covered under the plan.
Delay in trip due to custom officials.
The delay in baggage after the policyholder has arrived in India.
Travel documents are confiscated by custom officials from the policyholder.
Purchasing of travel insurance from Royal Sundaram General Insurance is one of the easiest online processes. An individual needs to follow a certain series of steps.
Anyone who wishes to get an online travel insurance first needs to visit the Royal Sundaram online website and click on the link that brings them to the travel insurance section of the website.
The details of an individual such as the name, contact etc need to be filled up. Other details such like trip details and the details travelers needs need to also be filled out. On this information, the premium for the travel insurance is calculated.
The quote ID will be created for the Travel Insurance online will be provided after the premium is calculated. Another page for additional information will pop-up after this step. This page asks for information such as the passport number, for illnesses of the passenger and the details of nominee etc.
The communication details and the address of the traveler needs to be provided to the insurance company. Once all the details are filled in, a page displaying all the information will be presented. This page is present in order for the traveler/policyholder to check if the filled in information is correct of not. Once the information is verified, the policyholder can proceed to buy the insurance.
The claims process for Travel Insurance under Royal Sundaram follows is classified under the following categories
- Discharge summary.
- Bills and Receipts.
- All test reports.
- Other documents that are for enhancing claims.
- All documents have to be sent to Paramount Healthcare services that are located in Mumbai.
- The assessment of the claim.
- In case of an unfortunate death, the death certificate needs to be provided.